|Name:||Sample processing and preparation of DNA for genotyping|
Description of sample processing workflow and preparation of DNA for genotyping of the full UK Biobank cohort.
Preparation of the DNA was performed at UK Biobank, genotyping at Affymetrix3 and quality control of the data at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics (WTCHG). The Clinical Trial Service Unit (CTSU) at the University of Oxford is responsible for the storage and distribution of the genotyping data (and all other UK Biobank data) to researchers.
This document is intended to;
- provide an overview of the sample and data processing workflow;
- describe the preparation of DNA at UK Biobank for genotyping at Affymetrix
- Buffy coat (850 microlitre) was recovered from a 10 ml EDTA vacutainer and stored in an automated sample archive at -80C;
- Buffy coat aliquots were retrieved from storage using an algorithm to avoid introducing bias;
- DNA was extracted on an automated extraction system;
- Quality of the DNA was assessed prior to shipping.
This resource is not suitable for displaying within a web-browser.
It can be downloaded or viewed using the link: ukb_dna_processing.pdf
If you have wget available (typically on linux systems), then you can also obtain a copy using the command
wget -nd biobank.ctsu.ox.ac.uk/crystal/crystal/docs/ukb_dna_processing.pdf