First occurrences - Health-related outcomes
DescriptionThis category contains data showing the 'first occurrence' of any code mapped to 3-character ICD-10.
The data-fields have been generated by mapping:
- Read code information in the Primary Care data (Category 3000),
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes in the Hospital inpatient data (Category 2000),
- ICD-10 codes in Death Register records (Field 40001, Field 40002), and
- Self-reported medical condition codes (Field 20002) reported at the baseline or subsequent UK Biobank assessment centre visit
For each code two data-fields are available:
- the date the code was first recorded across any of the sources listed above
- the source where the code was first recorded, and information on whether the code was recorded in at least one other source subsequently
Details of the mapping process, construction of these variables and caveats related to their use can be found in Resource 593.
Please note that these fields have not been updated in the June 2020 Showcase update. You might, therefore, find discrepancies between these fields and other health outcome fields.